Thursday 18 February 2016

Casey the Caterpillar and Handwriting

As a Hub team, we have decided to have phonics for all learners in the morning.  As I have not had much exposure to phonics on placements, I have been observing for the majority of this week but noticed how well one of my colleagues incorporated the use of handwriting into these lessons.

Listening to the language, I was fortunate enough to go to a PD session run by another colleague where she was able to share some resources and training in Casey the Caterpillar.  This resource is used as a story to help learners understand the structure of their letters and has a great story to go with each letter of the alphabet.

I have included a photo of my attempt below by using the technique - I think this is a great resource for me as a beginning teacher as I need to improve my own writing skills for my learners as well as continuing building the skills they are developing when they enter the school.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and feedback are appreciated.