Monday 17 July 2017

Google Certified Educator - Level 2

Having done the Google Certified Educator - Level 1 last year, I had always thought about doing the second level.  I decided that I would try for it these holidays and I was able to pass.

I went into the experience, thinking that it was going to be about developing further skills in a number of the Google Apps for Education that I was already using, however I found that while doing this, the experience made me reflect on things that I was already doing in my practice as well as challenge my thinking in how to engage with the learners in different ways.

The training takes you through the following three sections:

  1. Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership;
  2. Increase Efficiency and Save Time; and
  3. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
One of the great things I found out to maximise time is to create 'canned responses' in Gmail where you can build emails and have them be available as templates for you to populate rather than typing or copying and pasting previous emails.  

Another aspect that I wish to explore more is the 'HyperDoc' - this is something that we spent time exploring last year as part of the MDTA programme however this process made me reflect on how I could leverage this more in my practice to help learners both learn at their own pace but also encourage them to keep challenging themselves in their learning.

2 comments:

  1. You beeeeaaaauuuty!!
    Congratulations and well done
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AnonymousJuly 19, 2017

      Thanks Dorothy, more so for the encouragement to get this done!

      Delete

Your thoughts and feedback are appreciated.